Canada Sweden Social Security Agreement

Good morning, Carolyn — your SS advisor was wrong, at least from a Canadian perspective. Your CPP pension is based on your total cpp income, which is over 39 years on average (if you take it at age 65) and your U.S. income will be absolutely insignificant. Where the Canada-U.S. agreement can come into play, the question is whether you are eligible for the OAS. This is because it can help you meet the minimum residency requirement of 10 or 20 years to qualify for the OAS, but it has no influence on the amount of your OAS. How does the U.S. Social Security disability work with the ODSP and the CPC? Our parent travels to be with us. They were disabled from birth and received SSDI. Can they be on both (for the medical part of ODSP).

How would that work? If you have contributed to both Canada`s pension plan and the Swedish pension program, or if you have lived in Canada and Sweden, this agreement can help you qualify for that: after all, I know that mainland China has a social security agreement with Canada. What if this agreement made it eligible for the OAS earlier compared to the 10-year rule, given that Hong Kong is now a country (two systems one country)? India-Canada, now have a social security agreement since August 2015. Your wife should probably also be eligible for a CPP old-age pension, but receiving CPCs can affect the amount of their U.S. Social Security amount under the WFP. Hello Margaret – If you worked in Canada after you turned 18, you are entitled to a CPP old-age pension, which you return to Canada. However, the amount will be quite small, with a maximum of about $28.50 for each year of maximum income. You are also entitled to an OAS pension under the Canada-U.S. agreement, but the amount is only about $14.50 per full year you reside in Canada after the age of 18. My question is that my stay in Asia can be considered a residence in Canada based on my relationship with Canada during the absence, so I start receiving the OAS in 2020, when I move to Asia, I am a U.S.

citizen and Canadian resident, who worked 17 years in the U.S. before moving to Canada with my family in 2012. I intend to leave the CPC full-time next year with 5 years of contributions. Assuming that I could use my work history in the United States to obtain eligibility under the U.S.-Canada agreement, how would my benefit amount be calculated? I ask the question because I am trying to determine the relative benefits of the U.S. Social Security benefit over the KKPp benefit. The SS consultant I spoke with said that I could only get benefits under one of the two plans, not both. My annual income in Canada is about $80,000 to $90,000 a year. In the last 6 years 6 pre 7 of my years in the U.S. my income was comparable to this one, but it was much lower upstream and the total amount I will receive from SS is relatively small because they calculate benefits on the basis of an average over a number of years. I suppose I would do better under CPC, but I do not know how my amount of benefits would be calculated here in Canada.

Perhaps you could let me know. Thank you very much. I just turned 60 and applied for my CPC. I worked in the United States for 3 years under W2, and I paid federal taxes, payroll taxes and medicare taxis.